Hamburgers ( ハンバーガー ) are nothing new in Japan, and they even have a long standing tradition of eating Hamburg Steak. There are many fast food chains with imports like McDonalds and Burger King and the home grown ones like MOS Burger, Lotteria, etc. They do have a share of their kaiju burgers that first started out with the Mega Mac that was first sighted in Tokyo Bay way back in 2006. While this burger is nothing close to Godzilla's size, it was impressive for its time.
|Mega Mac Flickr / Viet Hoang|
The Mega Mac isn't much of a monster burger these days as it is just a double Big Mac, but larger beasts have emerged from the ocean depths to ravage Japan. Take a look at the Windows 7 Whopper below, it could probably feed a tank battalion from the JSDF.
|Whopper Flickr / avlxyz|
|BK Mega Whopper (10 Patties) Burger Flickr / RellyAB|
|Pizza Burger Flickr / TAKA@P.P.R.S|
As for myself, this little burger actually looks downright tasty and is even associated with a cute bunny. It couldn't possibly be a kaiju could it?
|Flickr / chrissam42|
Other Tokyo Excess Japanese Pop Culture Links
- Cup Noodles - Nissin Pop Culture
- Kaiju (Monster-sized) Burgers
- Pocky Pop Culture
- Coffee Please, Not Tea - Tokyo Coffee Shops, Hario & Canned Coffee
- Gyudon From Yoshinoya and Sukiya and JAL Air Beef Bowl
- JAL Inflight Food (they even did Air MOS Burgers)
- The Konbini Song and Lawson Evangelion Tie-ins
- Giant Robot Toys - Macross, Godzilla, Gundam
- Alien Art - Haniwa & Dogu Figures (Jomon & Yayoi Periods)
- Japan's Amazing Love of All Things Cat
- Kowloon Walled City and Gunkanjima Island. Even showed up in the James Bond movie Skyfall.
- Emoticons and Densha Otoko
- Hello Kitty and Pokemon Airliners
- Japanese Super Science